The CTC is recognised worldwide as a centre of
excellence in clinical trials research. We have recruited over 65
000 patients into more than 100 trials, working in collaboration
with over 800 clinical investigators from around the world.
We are proud to have significantly changed medical practice in
many areas, to improve human health, longevity, and
quality of life, through our ongoing leadership and active
collaboration in global trials research.
Our research activities include:
- Designing and conducting large clinical trials
- Contributing expertise to others' trials through outreach
- Measuring patient quality-of-life experiences with different
- Combining and reviewing trial evidence to inform future
policy and practice
- Developing new methods of data analysis for current
and future research
- Evaluating tests used for the diagnosis, prognosis and
prediction of treatment outcomes
- Analysing the cost-effectiveness of treatments and
economic impacts of illness
- Coordinating the translation of research projects into
public benefit via our work with Sydney Catalyst: the Translational Cancer
Research Centre of Central Sydney and Regional New South
- Operating the Australian New Zealand
Clinical Trials Registry (ANZCTR) which is aligned to the
WHO Registry Network.
The diagram illustrates the scope of our research.